Monday, January 26, 2009

Australia Day in Eindhoven

I feel very proud of being Australian today. We have a beautiful land, great weather, a laid back and friendly culture and it's home!* So last night to celebrate Australia Day, a dutchman from work (who had lived in Melbourne for two years) organised a Australian dinner with myself and the one other Australian family who work at the smelter



We had tim tams, pies, coopers beer (go SA!), potoato wedges with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce... and pavlova and rocky road for desert! It was a great night!



Tonight I'm off to see "Australia" at the movies, with some friends I met at language course.

These last three weeks since Prauge have been spent working hard and getting to know a few more people here in Eindhoven. But I back on the travelling route with the next 3 weekends booked in different countries.


With the time off that I've had over this weeked, I've finally been able to clean my apartment, after two months of 'tidying' but not cleaning. And while it's in such a clean state, I thought a few photos were in order.






*Although I'm proud to be an Australian I still hope Australia lose today's one dayer against South Africa! Bad luck in the test series... muhaha

No comments: